Hey all!

Haven’t posted on the forum in a while so thought I’d make a diary for my new full combat featherweight. Since there aren’t many about nowadays I decided to do a horizontal spinner, should be fun.

Telekinesis.jpg

It’s also an “undercutter”, meaning the blade is very close to the floor with the aim to avoid armour and kill some wheels. To do this I decided to use a single bulkhead (this is two layers of 4mm Hardox and a 14mm aluminium piece at the front, supporting a 20mm thick shoulder bolt that holds the disc on and is held by a nut the other side of the bulkhead that is locked in place. Bit of trial and error may be needed here depending on how the design holds up to impacts with the shaft being only supported on one side, we’ll see.

Inner components are fairly standard, going to be a 5S lipo powering two 550 brushed motors for drive, through one of Rory’s new speed controllers, and a pretty beefy inrunner connected to a right angle gearbox with a second pulley stage powering the weapon.

The parts for the chassis, armour and disc are all water cut from 4mm Hardox, 10mm Hardox, as well as 4mm, 10mm and 20mm aluminium that slot and bolt together, these should make for a pretty strong chassis which can hopefully both give and take some pretty big impacts.

Few pics of the parts that I have so far, mostly from K-cut as well as a lovely hub for the disc that was CNC’d.

pic 1.jpgpic 2.jpgpic 3.jpg

More progress to come soon...

Cheers