Hey everyone, I've recently been set the challenge to build a featherweight robot for a battle that will take place at the end of March. I would like to implement a flipper into my design if possible, I have read through lots of forums over the past few days trying to get an idea as to what some of the terminology means, what components I will need and where to buy it.

This will be my first time building a robot and I'm in a group with 6 other people who all have no experience either. Seeing as we are students we don't have much money to spend on equipment therefore the cheaper the better.

The materials provided by the university are: Steel/MDF for the body, 2 drills motors, 2 servos for speed control, controller and receiver.

The only things not funded are the wheels and weapons. I was planning on buying rubber wheels (nothing too special because I can't see any of the other robots doing much damage).

My question is what size ram would you recommend buying, it's doesn't have to be anything spectacular, just enough to flip a robot over or even slightly lift them off the ground.

Another question I have is if I were to buy a 12oz paintball co2 cylinder what size buffer should I buy and roughly how many uses would I get out of it.

Sorry for the essay I'm just very keen to get started, also sorry if these questions have been asked before! I'd appreciate any help or guidance any of you could give me.

Thanks