Register To Comment
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Speed Controllers - Making Sense Of It All

The eBay one seems to be a single direction speed controller that drives the two motors in the same direction. I guess 2 of those would work fine in a 4wd setup, but there are some cooler (£15 more expensive) 60a ones on hobbyking that I'm going to run in my new featherweight. Again, I'm getting 2 because they are single channel, but are good for my 4WD setup.

AIDAN
    I think you're right just wired the 2 channel one and it works fine weirdly the guide says that the eBay ones work but just don't brake. Thanks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AIDAN View Post
    I think you're right just wired the 2 channel one and it works fine weirdly the guide says that the eBay ones work but just don't brake. Thanks :-)
    They do work, you're just mixing up dual and single channel speed controllers!

AIDAN
    True, It has to be said it served its purpose, I have fitted the £55 one now without burning it out so it was a good guinea pig. Thanks everyone for your help what a great community:-)

Do the eBay ones have braking? They're much cheaper than the others and would be ideal for my build (with two of course). The only thing bad is that it says they don't brake, yet the actual eBay page says it does. Do they or not?

AIDAN
    I have only use them on a TestBench so I don't really think I am in the position to comment sorry

Register To Comment