Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Speed Controllers - Making Sense Of It All

One other thing about the TZ85s is you can run two drill motors off each (albeit in the same direction), so they're good for 4WD. They definitely have a nice high current 'ceiling' as it were.

I feel its worth adding that the FeatherTwo ESCs also will run 4 drill motors, and if more current is needed then it can be purchased in single channel mode where it can provide double the current. In this mode it can provide slightly more current than a TZ, which is already way overpowered for most feather applications.

When you say "Will run 4 drill motors", is it like a "It can run them, but it'll strain them" or a "Run them comfortably" situation? I want to future proof, as I know I'll be going with 4 motors at some point, but running it with two until I can afford them. Thanks!

Well, they were only released last month so there's yet to be any prolonged testing, but it has so far been tested in two 4wd drill motor bots running 12v 550s overvolted to 16V, and it got a bit warm but was otherwise perfectly happy. If it was driving 4 12 drills on 3S I think it'd be very solid. Will need to wait until combat testing before I'm fully confident in it running 4 x 12v drills on 16v, but I don't expect it to be an issue.

Ah, that's great, as I said, it gives it that future proofing. As soon as I get the money to actually build half the thing, I'll more likely than not get a FeatherTwo and give it a whirl.

@RougeTwoRobots thanks a bunch, saved me in the nick of time!!

I recently updated the firmware so now the FeatherTwos should work with pretty much any RX on the market, including the Specktrum ones.

I`m pretty sure it was an AR610 I had and they don`t fail safe.

Register To Comment