Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anty-Clockwise

Just finished my first antweight yesterday, Anty-Clockwise. I built this for my university's Roboteer's society, since we can't really run anything bigger given our budget and safety restrictions. Took me about a month, including CAD and waiting for parts. Made mostly from 1.5mm HDPE, 1.5mm polycarbonate, and 5mm HDPE bulkheads. Uses Rory Mangles' NanoTwo V2 ESC and a brushless motor and ESC from Hobbyking, with a 2s 180mAh lipo powering it all. The spinning blade on the front is 40mm in diameter, and is made of 3mm stainless steel, weighing around 15g. I have yet to measure its RPM. In this test video, it's running at around 50% power:

IMG_20170126_191822.jpgIMG_20170126_191826.jpgIMG_20170126_191849.jpg
    I'm working on designs for a Mk II with a bigger blade (more than twice the weight) and invert-able construction, but I'm not sure when I'll finish it.

cool ant, first one I've seen that uses a removable link.

Hmm, I didn't really think about that. I just put a removable link on because that tends to be the done thing, but looking at the antweight rules, it looks like you can use a switch instead. Still, weight is tight, this might end up being the lightest way to do it.

Where are you getting the new blade cut? If you're doing it soon, I've got a blade to be cut for Robotsoc as well, it would be cheaper to do it in the same order.

I actually already had several cut at once. I was planning to make them interchangeable, but the others ended up being too heavy. I ordered them from Kcut.

Dude that looks really cool. Nice work!

Also University Roboteer's society!? That sounds awesome. Haha, I totally need to transfer to this Uni We have absolutely nothing like that at all where I study.

I know, all universities should have one! It only started this year though, maybe you should start one too. I'm surprised we didn't have the society earlier, especially having Noel Sharkey here.

University of Sheffield?

Yup, that's it. Though I'm technically in the ACSE department, whereas I think Prof. Sharkey works in the dept. of computer science.
    Last edited by R9000; 29th January 2017 at 00:52.

Uni of Sheffield has a robotics society? I picked the wrong one of the two unis to go to evidently

If ever you need a hand with anything robot-ey in the society I'm based in Sheffield so don't mind helping if it'd be useful

Register To Comment