Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New style Argos drill motors: A look inside and review

Quote Originally Posted by cjsowry View Post
    Sadly no!! But by watching you video, the motor itself looks like it does connect to the gearbox. I must have misread your review and was panicking over how to secure them both together. (the problem I have with this Bosch motor)!!
    Might just get one to have a proper look myself. But don't go away, I might still end up getting some mounts from you!! mounting the old style did get rather annoying!!
    The motor is attached to a plate in the gearbox but that plate just twists off, you can see this in the pictures on the review. I didn't remove ANY screws from the gearbox to disassemble it like that.

Ahhhh, sorry. my noobness is showing now! After posting I was thinking about it at work and wondered that maybe the mount held the motor tight enough to stop it turning itself. And with both held tight enough, both parts won't separate..... Amazing this 3d printing stuff!! Understand now!!

Yes pictures of motor.......

Quote Originally Posted by sean retro View Post
    Do you think that light can be used in a robot? It would be a shame to waste it if it can be used on one.
    From my review:
    "A note on the light, it has it's own little PCB attached to the LED, it's clearly laid out for something like a circuit to keep the light on for a short time after release but is only populated with a resistor. This does mean you could just cut the wires off the trigger, solder the PCB into a 12V bot and BAM! powerlight."

A quick update on the mounts I now have a version I'm happy with and have tested production on *cough*I made 70 of them*cough*. So I'll get a topic up over the next few days. I was hoping to launch them with an actual webstore... But commissions keep pouring in and time is something I've only heard rumours about these days.

I recently purchased some similar drill motors from Botbitz. However, the gearbox cover design is slightly different from that of the Algos drill. Is there any way you can design some mounts based around these?

http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...238#post467238

Tried to send you a message Brandon but your storage has exceeded its limit.
    I am able to scan your motor and make a mount for your motor, have supplied them to C Sowry - Lunatic.

send a message if you are interested or want to find out more

Quote Originally Posted by brandon_nichols View Post
    I recently purchased some similar drill motors from Botbitz. However, the gearbox cover design is slightly different from that of the Algos drill. Is there any way you can design some mounts based around these?

http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...238#post467238
    Sorry, I only have interest in covering this one type of motor. It's not really worth it to look at other fringe cases.
    Last edited by Shakey; 17th May 2017 at 11:23.

Register To Comment