Register To Comment

Thread: Tig

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Peter T
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone got a good lead or reccomendation for a useful AC/DC TIG welder? Looking to spend about a K. I've done lots of googling, just wondered if anyone here had any good experiences worth passing on.

Cheers in advance.

Status
    Name
    Gary Cairns
    Robots
    Hornet 2 - retired Boner - retired Smidsy - Sold 540 - Sold PP3D - Active
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a chinese special off ebay for £500 a few years back. Does the job fine.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same here, gor a €550 Chinese , and it's good stuff. Not as smooth as Kemppi or Lorch, but it does the job.

www.lasexpert.nl
    Last edited by maddox10; 20th January 2017 at 18:31.

Status
    Name
    Nick Martin
    Robots
    Mr Mangle - Australian 2015 Featherweight Champion 2016 UK Gladiator Shiny Scissorhands Decimator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a Chinese welder that was re-badged by a local importer. It may or may not be a bit better quality but the important thing is the support & repair service, which you don't get from most eBay stores.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Peter T
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many thanks all. The message seems to be that the Chinese are ok but I will probably buy from a U.K. Supplier. Cheers again.

Status
    Name
    C lane
    Robots
    Hardox, Rustic Ralph
    Post Thanks / Like
    i get a clearance list from draper every week, there is always a tig welder, compressor, various tools on it. I bought my tig from them for £375, it was a £1200 welder. Good bit of kit. How much of a rush are you in ?

Status
    Name
    Nick Martin
    Robots
    Mr Mangle - Australian 2015 Featherweight Champion 2016 UK Gladiator Shiny Scissorhands Decimator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thes e Everlast welders are Chinese with American design and have a very good reputation: http://www.everlastwelds.fi/english/index.html#. You might be able to find a supplier closer to home.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Peter T
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by katch View Post
    i get a clearance list from draper every week, there is always a tig welder, compressor, various tools on it. I bought my tig from them for £375, it was a £1200 welder. Good bit of kit. How much of a rush are you in ?
    Need to oreder before the 4th feb or the budget is clawed back. Some useful leads here though. I'll post back when I've ordered.

Roboteer

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would strongly recommend R-Tech Welders. They have some great quality Tigs and decent prices. We've used their welders solidly on the new House Robots with really nice results. Great value for money.
    Robo Challenge
    The home of robotic entertainment and education
    www.robochallenge.co.uk

Register To Comment