Register To Comment

Thread: Tig

Has anyone got a good lead or reccomendation for a useful AC/DC TIG welder? Looking to spend about a K. I've done lots of googling, just wondered if anyone here had any good experiences worth passing on.

Cheers in advance.

I bought a chinese special off ebay for £500 a few years back. Does the job fine.

Same here, gor a €550 Chinese , and it's good stuff. Not as smooth as Kemppi or Lorch, but it does the job.

www.lasexpert.nl
    Last edited by maddox10; 20th January 2017 at 19:31.

I bought a Chinese welder that was re-badged by a local importer. It may or may not be a bit better quality but the important thing is the support & repair service, which you don't get from most eBay stores.

Many thanks all. The message seems to be that the Chinese are ok but I will probably buy from a U.K. Supplier. Cheers again.

i get a clearance list from draper every week, there is always a tig welder, compressor, various tools on it. I bought my tig from them for £375, it was a £1200 welder. Good bit of kit. How much of a rush are you in ?

Thes e Everlast welders are Chinese with American design and have a very good reputation: http://www.everlastwelds.fi/english/index.html#. You might be able to find a supplier closer to home.

Quote Originally Posted by katch View Post
    i get a clearance list from draper every week, there is always a tig welder, compressor, various tools on it. I bought my tig from them for £375, it was a £1200 welder. Good bit of kit. How much of a rush are you in ?
    Need to oreder before the 4th feb or the budget is clawed back. Some useful leads here though. I'll post back when I've ordered.

I would strongly recommend R-Tech Welders. They have some great quality Tigs and decent prices. We've used their welders solidly on the new House Robots with really nice results. Great value for money.

Register To Comment