Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ceros motor ideas

Loosing the perm motors for some less powerful units, space is limited bosch 750s are just too big too fit, any ideas on small yet Powerful motors, some mag motors look good including the short can motors as used in big nippers claw etc but might be too small as drive motors as advised by the big nipper boys, any other options previus experineces with these style of motors etc , thanks for reading and replys

ceros will be back soon

There are the iskra 800w motors

Those ain't smaller than a Bosch 750.
    Also, length seems to be the problem, not the diameter.

No, not a lot of options to replace a Perm. Maybe that the Ampflow A28-400 can fill in the gap.
    The A28-150 ain't up the task, unless geared very high, delivering a slow machine.

I am looking to relocate the motors lenght not some much of a problem but width looking around 130mm long less then 100mm high

looking at f30-150 ampflow motors possibly,good power for size

Even lower power than the A28-150's. And those ain't recommended for a heavyweigt drivetrain.

Why do you want less powerful units? If the current motors already fit, and are too powerful, then why not just limit their output?

PJ's got a point, it's easy enough to set dual rates on a TX so it's not running full capacity.

Plus if you run Batteries at double the desired voltage and have half throws on your Tx you don't suffer from any voltage drop, makes for a much more agile robot.

I agree with all the above, but I current limited my roboteq to 80amp per channel and running at 6s in the first fight the esc cut out due to overheating and in the second fight just let go. Space is very tight in ceros and any changes is a nightmare. but I don't see any other options maybe in a different machine with less traction the perms would be great but in the confined space and lipo batts the roboteq is just not upto the job, hoping to speak to Ian Watts about a mega wotty if that will handle the powerbut I don't have the cash for a new unit without selling other parts?.
    I will repair the roboteq again in due time then send it out for testing in someones donar machine, but the same thing will happen again without motor or design changes

Register To Comment