Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Choosing lithium battery brand...

Quote Originally Posted by harry hills View Post
    A decent charger will make your battery care much much easier too I will add.
    Any recommendations for an appropriate charger and PSU for the above batteries?

I got one from hobbyking that has done me grand. 4 chargers in one although they do two charger and single charger units. Quite honestly I can't bring myself to go back on their website as it's a horrendous mess but the charger has a black body with an orange / yellow trim.

With regards to PSU, the simple answer is, one that will supply enough current. You can find many bench top power supplies that will do the job but if you are electrically minded you can convert a PC power supply for the job (it's not usually all that hard).

I use the product below for charging. Can charge all 4 batteries inside Dystopia at once, aswell as having a wide range of chemistries ect. Only issue is the interface is not the most user friendly at first, but once you work it out its pretty easy to change around the individual settings.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...k-charger.html

With regards to PSU, im afraid i cant help you - mine is not longer commercially available.

Another +1 for the TQ4. I have one - am hoping to get a second once they're back in stock at my normal supplier as one is tied up with one of the businesses I work for.

I have the older HK 4*50W and the newer Turnigy Quadkore 4*20A. A single 400W makes the collection complete.

Team RCC has a few more 2*200W and 400W Turnigies in the selection.

Power supplies. A few 600W HK units (no longer available) and a 24V/12V 100A monster that never was commercial.

I'm wondering if a cheap Chinese PSu can be seen as a "battery" that can be used in series or parallel... That would give options. Those "iron" LED PSu's are cheap and dependable.

Some good reading there. Thanks for sharing.

Register To Comment