Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Choosing lithium battery brand...

bear in mind that if you clamp onto an opponent and vibrate away, the same vibrations will be going back through your machine. Need to design it accordingly

Indeed. I envisaged a very steep wedge at the front, say 50-60 degrees, with the horizontal clamps mounted fairly low on the robot to hem the opponent in and the multiple air hammers on a bar coming down from over head. Ideally, this would direct the vibrations down through the opponent and into the complicated, sensitive, electronicky things, of which I am assured the opponents will have several. =]

the more processes, the more batteries, wiring, power you use.. and weight, so you forfeit weight in your hammer i guess. 100kilos seems a lot in heavies, but having weighed up armour its a lot harder than you think to keep it down.

Weight was never really a concern - the moving bar (think Mousetrap rather than, say, Arnold Arnold Terminegger) was a mount for air hammers, which are fairly tiny. Like, the one linked in this thread previously weighed ca. 800 grams. The idea is much more clamp than hammer. I agree it's probably overcomplicated, but it's definitely unique - even if it is beyond my engineering skills at the moment.

The previous sentence implies I have any engineering skills; this would be what we in the trade call a "big fat porky pie". =]

Are you thinking of putting Air hammers inside each pincer !! that' be quite cool to see.

I wasn't initially, but that would work too! A couple of little ones mounted on the grabbing claws, plus ca. 5-6 on the bar coming down from the top. With that amount of vibration power, something'll probably get shaken loose... plus the paintwork'll be completely ruined. Which is of course the most evil damage it's possible to inflict. =]

Register To Comment