Good Evening Folks,

My names Max and I am the soon to be Team Captain of Rolling Start. The team consists of myself, my best friend of over 20 years Charles who is our fabricator, Oliver the man behind the electronics, Liz who helps me with Logistics and Annie our concept artist and someone who will work mostly with the Rolling Start brand.

We originally decided to build a robot at the time the Robot Wars reboot was announced. Our initial design was for a flipper on the front and a drum spinner on the rear in a sort of Razeresque body. But having gone to the filming for Robot Wars series 8 and also catching up with Battlebots Season 7 we realised that our design was way over complicated and would probably be a challenge for even the most seasoned of builders.
annie draft 3.jpg

So after a bit of a rethink we thought of a design which we felt could challenge a variety of robots having watched several battles from both RW and BB.Our final design was inspired by Minator of Rio Botz and John Reids Beta.
annie draft 4.jpg

Myself I am a qualified motorsport engineer and have been building kit cars and race cars for the last few years. Charles is an experienced fabricator and until recently was a support engineer for a worldwide travelling stunt show working on quad bikes, motorbikes, monster trucks etc and has a love for building RC cars. As a result we feel we are more than capable of the physical "build" of the robot. What we're not so great on is whats required to build a fighting robot in terms of parts required and a basic understanding of electronics.

This is where I am hoping the community can help us. I know there are a number of builders in and around the Surrey area and we'd love to be able to meet up and pick your brains in the hope of getting our idea off the ground and in the arena.

So that's a bit of an introduction about me and our team. Feel free to ask any questions and we very much look forward to joining you all in glorious battle.

Also feel free to find us on facebook and we'll be sure to post our build progress here too.

https://www.facebook.com/Rollingstartrw/

Max