Register To Comment

Thread: Featherweight Diotoir, Cunning Plan?

For my featherweight build, i'd love to build a version of a robot from robot wars. I'm not really building them be particularly successful, I won't exactly win many competitions, heck, I doubt they'd be allowed. I'd just like them to be a fun hobby. These robots I've picked are relatively simple to replicate and play tribute to some old faces. The robot I'm mostly heading to is cunning plan because I don't need to scale down, as it was a feather to begin with, and it's simplicity. I'd only need to add a couple of holes on the top so it can run inverted or add a small moving bar on the top, though probably the former. Diotoir is also a good possibility because I could use a linear actuator lifter but also have the motor on a hinge so it can double as a spike, like nemesis. I'm pretty sure fur falls under 'snagging materials' which I think are banned. I also don't really know how to contact team nemesis, though Oliver Steeples has a Linkedin account to contact him through. What are your thoughts? Should I go ahead?

UPDATE: I've decided to purchase three cordless drill motors, to for the drive and one for a weapon. I would like to start on a replica of Typhoon, so basically Typhoon Cadet, if it's okay with Gary, as I believe he's the only member/former member of team typhoon on here. I doubt it'll be in many competitions until I have confidence that it can survive one.
    Last edited by Theo; 23rd January 2017 at 14:43.

Diotoir is my all time fav robot! I remember it having a website back in the day, worth a try? If you've seen any recent pics of Diotoir its in a really really sorry state and you never know, you may be able to get hold of the original...

Well, it was revealed last year that the original cunning plan was still working. I doubt I can get hold of the original diotoir; they still take it to Irish Comicon and I don't think I'm ready to delve into heavies just yet. The main issue with making a diotior is getting the fur for it. The team might still have a load, I mean, they gave diotoir a fresh new coat after virtually all their battles. I've seen recent pictures of diotoir and let's just say, you're not wrong about it being in a sorry state to say the least!

Register To Comment