Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hydraulic pneumatic questions!

No, that purge valve will only take pressure out of hoses and any connected buffer tanks, but will keep pressure in the main tank.

Co2 adjustable tank regulators are difficult to find, HP air regs might work, construction is similar to Co2 reg.
    You'll need a Co2 tank, a regulator ( HP burst disc is integrated in it) on/off valve, quarter turn valve (vent), safety valve (PRV) set at the lowest pressure your components can handle ( your operating press). Then you'll need a buffer tank, solenoid valve probably a QEV and some fitings and piping.
    Have a look at this thread for more info on LP pneumatics:
    http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...hlight=Liftoff
    Last edited by Liftoff; 16th December 2016 at 11:44.

'lowest pressure components can handle' I take it to be the rated pressure of a component, ie the operating pressure. And although the rules say so I'm almost sure that most of the custom built rams and valves which are operated above their rated pressure are not independently tested. This issue has been discussed at length a couple of years ago and from what I gathered it seems that the event organizer has the final say, so they might accept a custom built HP system which was not pressure tested if they deem it well built.

As for solenoid valves, most are rated at 8bar but will handle more pressure. It's not going to explode, but it might leak at the end caps where the pilot valve is.

Register To Comment