Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suitable battery connectors

I have just got my optipower batteries and they have come without connectors, my other batteries have 5.5mm bullet terminals and to match these I`ll have to order more, but I could take this opportunity to change to something more available and probably safer (the bullets leave a bare -ve when not connected).
    I`ve heard the EC8 are good but I can`t find a supplier, would the EC5 be ok? the build is 2x bosch 750 at 8s and a 120A motor.
    If not then any suggestions? theres not long left to get them sorted now.

Most people use Anderson connectors. However XT90s are also available aswell as the EC8s

If you're needing them at short notice, you'll be hard pushed to get EC8s, most suppliers seem to be cleaned out of them. Hard to say if EC5s will cut it at those figures, but could always use one connector on each cable (though could be a faff) or XT90s as Gareth suggested.

EC5 for the Bosch750 will do nicely.

XT90 too.

The 120A motor. is it a brushless?

No the 120A is brushed - its 24v from a vehicle winch.

Its the connectors on the actual batteries im looking for, so they will need to handle the full amount. I want to be able to separate them for charging. I have andersons on the bosches as they are connected to the watty anyway. the 120A has the crimp connectors it came with so I`m putting in a bus bar type distribution.

I'm running with EC5s on my batteries....to an etek.....through a solenoid....handled it fine before!

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver View Post
    I'm running with EC5s on my batteries....to an etek.....through a solenoid....handled it fine before!
    What current does that take? We are using a EC8 per motor with 8awg. Which goes to 6 batteries!

I've ordered some EC5s anyway so at least I`ll have something. If they melt I`ll let you know

I use EC5s too. They very happily blew up a 100a fuse the other day when a motor seized. I think they'll be fine.

Register To Comment