So progress on Pressure Point has been slower then I would have liked over the last couple of weeks, but here is what has been going on.

I have virtually finished the electronics now. The fuse has been installed, the Rx has been put in a case and installed, and the connectors for the power LED are done. I have another link to make, (the current one uses Black wire, and I want one that uses Red), but otherwise I hope that's it for electronics. The final wheels have been done, and I have followed the tried and tested method of nylon wheels with bike tires cut down and screwed to the outside of them. These are much lighter than the original wheels I had on it that you can see in the old updates.

pic 1.jpgpic 2.jpg

In the pictures above you can see that the 2 self-righting arms are on the robot, but not yet connected up to anything to make them work. There is also a new piece of armour to protect the hydraulic tank from the back. The self righting arms should flip the robot back over if/when it end ends up on its side. It wont balance either on its front or on it top. And if it gets knocked onto its back it is designed to drive around in this state and can be righted by either a sharp switch in direction (theoretically) or by extending the ram.

The next part of my plan was to give it the first test of driving around under its own power. Over Easter I took it over to the families house as they have a bit of smooth concrete I can drive around on which is something I don't have. Straight away there was an issue with the drive motor mounts which meant I couldn't drive it around. The front mount is a bit loose, not by a lot, but enough to stop it driving. Its frustrating, but better than turning up to an event like that I suppose. But the day was not a waste, as there was an old microwave the crusher could have a play with:

pic 3.jpgpic 4.jpg

I'll stick the video up in a couple of days when I get chance.

I was hoping to make the Manchester event next weekend, but I think I have at least a couple of days of work left including re-making the front motor mounts, making the armour, connecting up the self-righters and giving it a test. Again its frustrating as the event it not too far away, but I'll look to the next one.