Register To Comment

Thread: Places to battle

Right, my featherweight bot is almost ready for battle. (Waiting on a sprocket to arrive so I can finish the weapon) Where, when and how are the best places to battle with feather's? The Live events topic looks a bit old but doesn't specify weight classes and how to apply to take part. How do I go about meeting all you lovely people so you can smash my pride and enjoy in 5seconds flat.!!?

Feathers have their place between heavyweight events in the UK.

And of course, the UK feather champs by Robochallenge.

On the main land you have at least 4 events a year with a FCC arena.
    Have a look (use Google Translate)

http://www.dutchrobotgames.nl/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

http://forum.mad-metal-machines.de/i...ents/&f714a4e1

Do people competing need to buy a ticket for these events or is there a special place to book your spot? I've got a lifter so no restriction there. Manchester RW live in April is looking good as it's very near. Do most events have these wipe wash battles aswell? I would prefer to get some battle experience before any major competition. Thanks.

Its best to let the event organiser know you intend to come and what with, theres no real rules as such but providing your not trying to get a free ticket or generally just messing around then there shouldnt be a problem.

Live events only feature featherweights in massive rumble fights. You dont usually get severely damaged however as the average quality of entrants is low and its not a competition.

As a roboteer with a machine, you don't need to buy tickets for the shows.

Common sense just dictates contacting the EO of group that puts up the arena.

In most cases, an internet based entry document for the next event will be provided trough the respective fora.

That helps, thanks. I just didn't want to turn up and get refused entry.

Register To Comment