Register To Comment
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PC Plod Build/Upgrade Log

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    Out of interest, what have you sorted with the drive?
    The drive right now is pretty much the same as it before I bought it. 2 scooter motors powering, going through some custom gearing to drive the wheels. I have simplified all the wiring, and I'm planning to change the gears so I can actually have replacement parts instead of hoping the current set up never breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdragons View Post
    You would be better off with a scooter motor powered system I think. I'm all for different ideas but even using twin motors and a bloody huge solenoid would be easier!

But... if you want to go down the spring route, car springs would be a good shout. If you can compress them they should have a good amount of bounce and just add a bump stop to limit the travel (I work in parts supplies if you can't tell haha)
    Completely ignore my diagram from before, I'd have to put the CAM above the axe arm. The CAM would push the bar down, raising the axe up and stretching the spring, then the spring being used to pull the axe down with something more than the force of gravity.

I'll probably use a scooter motor to power the CAM, with high torque gearing. If not a more powerful motor like an Ampflow.

I've found an actual example of the CAM driven axe system I was looking for:
    https://www.facebook.com/harley.wolf...ater&ifg=1

Now I have a proof of concept to work from, and a basic idea of how to build a working model. Just need to find a way to upscale it.

Register To Comment