Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How bad of an idea is this?

That's 750w continuous rating. Most motors quote peak rating which are quite a lot higher but may be less powerful.

The motors. If you want "budgetfriendlier" motors, you're looking at the 1000W Chinese scootermotors from ebay and simular.

otherwise, Iskra has several usable, but heavier motors. Finding those , any decent hydraulics firm can help there.

Other option is to get in touch with the Italian brand Movimotors. Brutus went from LEM130's to those, and it wasn't a bad transition.

Finaly, Ampflow. Expensive after importing them, but easy to find and order.

Thanks. That has taken a while to absorb.

Next question; What is a good hydraulic piston and where do you get a suitable one?

A good one is one that will contain the pressure you plan to run it at and has a bore large enough to give you the force you want (you will need to run the numbers) with the stroke that you need for your weapon design.

In terms of locating one I'm assuming we are going second hand? In which case, ebay, gumtree, local scrap yards, farm auctions, dealers in farm machinery etc would be your best bet. You could go for a custom solution but of course expense comes with that unless you can machine it up yourself.

Thanks but...

Let's assume I am going with this;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hydraulic-...Sh7-lt9AzHIgpg

With a 25mm rod size and a 250mm stroke and a bore of 40mm.

How much force do I get out of it? What pump and stuff do I need? Errrr???? Help......

http://bfy.tw/8CZ4

Google is your friend.

Those rams are rated @210 bar continous and 250bar intermittend.

Affordable gearpumps in smaller sizes can go up to 250 bar. But in the somewhat larger size, it's 210 bar.

By coincidence, the old maximum pressure on hydraulic pressure.

So, 2/2*3.14*210= 2640 kg of force.

@250 bar = 3150 kg.

For comparisation, Razer was around 6500 kg.

Register To Comment