Register To Comment
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rigid Robotics Build Diary - Flat Damon

I can't comment on the burn yourself and surroundings. I had that stage a few years ago.
    Practice and good tools are the things you need. Tools is just money, experience is easier gained with good tools.

On wheels. I make an adaptor that accepts a hex 17 RC wheel on the standard 12mm diameter, 3/8 unf/M5left shaft.
    RC wheels are lighter and more grippy (if not ment for driftcars) than any other commercial wheel I used in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsowry View Post
    You didn't use.the iron itself to pick your noise did you?!?!?!
    Came close! I'm the sort of chap who looks at the time with a cup of coffee in his hand - it's a wonder I'm still alive!

The wheels I have on the way are some sort of hard plastic - I think Polypropelene. I had 100mm ones, but I need to step up to at least 125mm to clear the armour top and bottom so I have some blue rubber ones in the post. I tthink they are 10mm shaft, will have to check.
    Last edited by lowndsy; 15th February 2017 at 13:55.

Right, back on the wagon after being super busy at work. I stripped down FD tonight to replace the drill motors with new Gimsons.

WP_20170518_21_50_24_Pro.jpg

The crimped wires are just temporary until I shorten them, but otherwise everything is running again and ready to be screwed back together. Lots of screws.

The aim now is to be properly bullet proof before I move house in 13 days time.

Nope, it's a pair of caravan ramps. Good for 8 tons of pressure, and even after I hacked it up and bolted the armour on I drove my Renault Megane over it with no problems.

Impact damage and point pressure from axes, spinners and the like will be different - needs protecting with HDPE all over, but it was built to just be a big solid lump.
    Last edited by lowndsy; 19th May 2017 at 15:15.

It does look really solid, it'll be interesting to see it after a couple of battles.

Thanks, I think! It is just plain heavy all over, but there is a pretty sizable armour plate to bolt onto the back so weight on the axle shouldn't be a problem.

I am considering trimming a section out of the front where Chaos 2 style flipper arms might usually catch it so that will save some weight at the nose end too.
    Last edited by lowndsy; 19th May 2017 at 16:36.

Neat idea, will be interesting to see how they perform

Register To Comment