Register To Comment

Thread: Could this be the basis of an Antweight?

Morning chaps. I am mainly building a Featherweight, but cruising around Amazon I keep seeing enough components that I fancy for an Antweight too just to mess with.

Has anyone come across this kit before?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...A2POK29CPTG6GC

The weight is listed as 50g, 150 with packaging - could it be handy for an Ant? My usual method for building or programming is is to get something working quickly and then optimise / replace so starting a bit heavy isn't the end of the world.

might not fit the size limit, and most robots in the Antweight class are made from scratch with bases made from 3d printing or a light weight material like 1mm polycarb plastic.

Yeah, I saw it was a bit long, but I figured it could be cut down or bent while I'm fiddling, and then moved to a new chassis. it would probably end up like Triggers brush.
    Last edited by lowndsy; 28th September 2016 at 18:02.

It looks a little bit long to me; when you bear in mind the size limit and the fact those wheels are at least 50mm diameter I don't think it'd be suitable. The best use for it would be to take the pre-hacked servos off and use them for drive, if you don't already have motors!

Register To Comment