Register To Comment

Thread: Beetleweight motors / pneumatics(?)

Hi everyone, I've been planning to build a beetleweight flipper robot, and I am pretty new to robotics having only built an antweight before; do these motors seem good enough for the job if I attach ~50mm diameter wheels to them?

http://www.tme.eu/gb/details/pololu-...sories/pololu/

Also, would it be realistically possible to make the flipper pneumatic? If so, could anyone recommend any parts that would be sufficiently small and light to fit in a beetleweight? I know it may be quite ambitious but I'd like to give it a try.

Thanks

Im building a beetle weight pneumatic flipper atm, pain in the backside :P

Everythings so small its hard to find fittings for it ect. Alot of the things needed are either gold dust or just not a simple off the shelf job. A pneumatic parts company i usually work with couldnt source a dump valve anywhere near small enough for example.

It can be done, its just not the easiest first build. Motors look good, but ill leave that to people with more experience to comment on tbh.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/4mmx11mm-Sha...039?nav=SEARCH

This is what u want

12v 1000rpm 25mm dia with 4mm d type output shaft

These are more the standard these days I believe :3 the Pololu ones will do fine, but they're a little expensive for what is basically the eBay motors in a fancy box.

I was curious about putting pneumatics in a beetle, but a bit too tricky to try for me to consider attempting yet. The only beetle gas flipper example I've seen online is one called flange, which looks like it would be pretty effective:

although I have no idea how it was put together, maybe it is someone's on this forum?

Register To Comment