Register To Comment
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inspiration/innovation in weaponry

Give us at least the concept if you want us to discuss, obviously not the details for now...you'lll be amazed to know what has already been tried before and you could save your self a lot of energy if a concept was proved not to be effective before.

And what if it comes up against a machine without exposed wheels on the top?

A ram-jumping machine, using CO2 as "turbo-boost".
    In 2001 there was a team working on it, but the idea fell trough the fact you can't get the force to the floor in any decent way.

Quote Originally Posted by Black-Tie Knife Fight View Post
    I figured it had been tried, but I do have a system that is very promising at the moment - I hope to be able to demonstrate it at some point.

Has anyone else tried/wanted to try something entirely daft? Or will I be finding myself labelled as a crackpot in the future?
    I've had the thought of rapidly welding/soldering the other machine together before, though I'm sure that's not legal, just a stupid idea. For something more sensible, how about a hydraulic spreader? You could have backward-facing barbs with the aim of wedging yourself inside another robot, and expanding it from the inside, sort of like an anti-razer. Obviously you risk facing robots with nothing to get a foothold in, I suppose you'd need another weapon to cover your back for that.

Register To Comment