Register To Comment
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inspiration/innovation in weaponry

Quote Originally Posted by Black-Tie Knife Fight View Post
    I like that idea of splitting up the machine, I feel like it would be hard to implement but pretty spectacular if someone made it work. If it were durable or the machine is quick enough enough you could have a pop at the space between a horizontal spinner and its owner.
    Thanks, yeah that was what I was thinking about. The idea being that most robots are built to withstand pressure and impacts from the outside inwards, but not from the inside outwards.

When It comes to new weapons everyone would be pleased to see it. the rules restricting weapons are for the safety of the Roboteers or audience, or they are to make sure the weapon does not stop the fight early entanglement weapons radio interference etc.
    What I would say about new weapons is they take several years to perfect and development costs a lot!
    Many people in this game are professionals in science and engineering. If it's going to be effective and reliable they would have thought about it or something similar, please develop it but be aware you may find there is a good reason it hasn't been put into practice before.

That's why I would recommend sharing the idea here as I'm sure you would get actual useful advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Black-Tie Knife Fight View Post
    Absolutely Craig, what we're finding with our experiments at the moment is getting a form of reliability and predictability with our unit is proving to be more than a little tricky.

Sometimes and I say this as a scientist as well, though certainly not as an engineer, we can be a tad conservative when it comes to exploring new avenues with a tendency to favour improvements on the established and proven.

But hey, even a failed experiment is a form of progress!
    Quite right you don't learn from success but from the failures (that's why I know a lot ) I and many others in the robot scene applaud the noble efforts over the successful robots. I'm looking forward to seeing what this system is. win or lose.

Instead of jumping , could you not use some flappy whegs instead?

128936.jpg

Always hankered after the idea of climbing onboard and then extruding metal wire into the interior of the robot.
    New-2Pcs-Retractable-Wire-Brushes-Jazz-font-b-Drum-b-font-font-b-Sticks-b-font.jpg
    Basically a form of the Harlequins Kiss made real for any 40K fans
    http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Harlequin's_Kiss

Adam that would be the coolest thing ever, build it :P horrible weapon to be on the receiving end of though if it is anywhere near effective, lipo fires every fight etc haha

Register To Comment