Register To Comment
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Inspiration/innovation in weaponry

Can't help but imagine intentionally shorting the opponent is in violation of some rule, like the 'Invisible Damage' rule. Perhaps it isn't, but also, how would you get the wires in? You'd have to make a hole in most robots, surely.

Ahh I thought the wires were intended to short out connections, not just mangle the insides.

Quote Originally Posted by R9000 View Post
    Can't help but imagine intentionally shorting the opponent is in violation of some rule, like the 'Invisible Damage' rule. Perhaps it isn't, but also, how would you get the wires in? You'd have to make a hole in most robots, surely.
    I think it would be quite visible, I also expect that most have some kind of opening. For sure where the wheels are, those spinners all seem to have a nice open hole with gears and belts exposed as well

Quote Originally Posted by R9000 View Post
    Ahh I thought the wires were intended to short out connections, not just mangle the insides.
    A side effect would certainly be messing with electrics by direct contact. A few wires pushed inside a motor would look good.

I think you're highly overestimating the effectiveness of the wire thing and even the ability to deploy them.

In a fast paced fight trying to insert some wires in a ESC like a TZ85a, we're talking Borglike nanotech.

It's actualy in the rules from day 1 of the Original Mentorn rules :"no exposed electrical connections."

I would simply like to refer you to this from my previous thread-

Everyone seems to have an opinion on how to build a winning robot for Robot Wars I found,

most turned out to be dreamers with concepts built around a radio controlled car and numerous ideas

for weapons- most of which would be illegal even under the oldest rules like machine guns and

electrical dissruption ect.

I' m working on a unique weapon myself so I'm all for new ideas-sensible ones

Register To Comment