Register To Comment

Thread: PP3D Robotics Kick Starter

PP3D robotics are aiming to become the first crowd funded machine in the Robot Wars arena. As such we have launched a kick starter to upgrade PP3D for a hopeful series 2 of Robot Wars. Many parts of the original 2016 machine are available as well as the chance to get your name on the new discs we plan to get made.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-of-robot-wars

Hopefully BBC will go on to give the green light for the second series, good work there Gary, I like the initiative...keep up the good work.

I wish I could but am a student. Could nearly do a kickstarter myself just for an ant. lol.
    In all seriousness, if you are doing a Kickstarter be very smart with your PR. Backers can at times be a bit rude if there isn't the right management of expectations.
    Good luck with it anyway!

higgeh
    If I donate will you fix the exposed wheels?

A very valid point Omnibot. Always a concern whenever you put yourself up as the face of a big project but I believe the risk will be worth it.

Graeme, the wheels are staying exposed. They will be fixed in that they will be swapped out for something more rugged and the drive motors will be shock mounted but boxing up the robot would just make it look dull. Exposed wheels also makes you harder to stack against the arena side wall like storm 2 was and if kan opener might have been able to drive us to the pit if we didn't have the wheel exposed touching the ground (we could control the steering of the two machines during the grapple and so kept ourselves away from the pit).

Hope you raise the funds.

Could you make wheels from titanium or something that could survive a spinner?

We are coming for those wheels

By all means. People focus on the wheels and forget about the disc

Register To Comment