Register To Comment
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robo Challenge - Insomnia Gaming festival 26th to the 29th of August

Hi Guys

We are really pleased to announce we will be one of the big attractions at this years huge Insomnia Gaming Festival over the August bank holiday weekend from the 26th to the 29th. The Friday will be open for demonstrations and testing before the competition kicks off on Saturday until Monday! We are going to test a new format for this event which gives everyone lots of battles in 1 big league system. We can only accept 30 robots for this first event so initial sign ups are now open via the link below. Entry fee is £20 for the first robot and £10 per robot there after. Successful entries will be announced very soon. Fingers crossed its looking likely that this will be an annual event with potential extra dates each year. We are really excited and hope to see you there!

https://goo.gl/forms/KXuT3DZTGzhqBTC52

Best of luck

Robo Challenge

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to make this one, the cost of hotels for that weekend on top of the petrol and entry fee is just a little too much considering the busy month I've got lined up. It's a real shame considering I've been working on Inertia XL ahead of next years UK Champs.

Just signed up with the flukiest doorstop on wheels.
    Last edited by HereticBlue; 26th July 2016 at 19:44.

Its been announced that the Gadget Show Live will not be coming back next year which is a shame as we loved hosting the nation championships there each year. Fear not though All being well this event at the UK's largest gaming event should be an annual event with the potential of up to 3 events per year!

Quote Originally Posted by teamshock View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to make this one, the cost of hotels for that weekend on top of the petrol and entry fee is just a little too much considering the busy month I've got lined up. It's a real shame considering I've been working on Inertia XL ahead of next years UK Champs.
    Its a real shame you cant make it but I fully understand, we have always appreciated the efforts you guys go to in the past.

All depends if I can get my first bot finished in a month - it should be possible though. I'll enter if there's still spaces left, but yeah I really hope this does become a yearly thing. I've been to Insomnia before and I loved it.

All signed up :P

Can't make it I'm afraid. We have a big event in Belgium in October and we need all our robots fighting fit for that.

Will we be needed all three days? May have difficulty making the Sunday...

Note: I'll leave the robot with a teammate to drive if I can't make the Sunday but it's now looking a fair bit more promising...
    Last edited by Flag Captured; 26th July 2016 at 21:21.

Register To Comment