Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robot Wars Series VIII - Week 3 Discussion

Oh god I've been through restrictive rules sets and they aren't fun and just put people off.

Yes there is indeed a minimum barrier of entry to FC heavyweights and that is true of every weight class. It's important to keep driving innovation in the weight class and restricting the higher tech holds the hobby back. I don't see why we need to penalise people for pushing ahead to come up with new things. If heavies are proving to be out of budget just to build than maintaining it is not going to be possible and people should look to the lighter weight classes to start with.

Also 'military grade steel' is normally Hardox which is pretty cheap to get all things considering.

higgeh
    As someone new to the actual fighting scene (not new to robotics or electronics) I don't see why people should be limited. I would take great pleasure in beating someone with a massive budget using a very cheap robot.

What I've learnt over the last couple of weeks is that there is a good progression up the ranks with all the weight classes and people should pick what class they enter based on budget and capability and work up from there. I'm going to start with a featherweight as they reflect the class im used to working with more but then hopefully in a few years come up with a heavyweight.

Will be interested to see what the new partnership with multiplay brings. I know they have some fantastic facilities with things like twitch and internet broadcasting will we see a live feed from their events in the future?

We didn't want to be taken seriously....i tried something different and it did back fire making me look a cocky git...I won't deny for 1 minute I can be cocky and arrogant...can't everyone....it didn't come across as how I thought it would....they could have shown a lot worse stuff I did with many an insult....on the flip side we also did some good stuff..my intention was to be a bit of a baddie but it just didn't come across as planned...that said at least we will be remembered....let me give people some good advice if your planning to splash your mugs on TV....it doesn't matter what you do or how you come across you won't please everyone....so be prepared for the social media train because even if you try your best it can still hurt from the cowards that sit in front of a computer screen and judge.

Quote Originally Posted by swanaldo View Post
    We didn't want to be taken seriously....i tried something different and it did back fire making me look a cocky git...I won't deny for 1 minute I can be cocky and arrogant...can't everyone....it didn't come across as how I thought it would....they could have shown a lot worse stuff I did with many an insult....on the flip side we also did some good stuff..my intention was to be a bit of a baddie but it just didn't come across as planned...that said at least we will be remembered....let me give people some good advice if your planning to splash your mugs on TV....it doesn't matter what you do or how you come across you won't please everyone....so be prepared for the social media train because even if you try your best it can still hurt from the cowards that sit in front of a computer screen and judge.
    To be honest, I don't think the producers have been helping any of this situation. This is why I hesitated to actually judge after what I learned last time with Craig Danby and Team Foxic. I guess we're so used to people slinging shit on the internet that we just assume that when real people act in a certain way on TV, that's how they really are. Of course it didn't help you were up against a kid who (though he's a great roboteer) was the perfect underdog hero against the bad guy act. You can see how they planned this out, and like I said I really hope they stop, because people on the internet can be cruel, knowingly or not, as I'm sure you've seen. Try not to let it keep you down, I hope to see you on the show again with an improved machine.

I am not down....it doesn't bother me I am speaking for others. The producers will do what they feel is right...might not be for the person but still the comments are out of their hands too...just be prepared for it is what I am saying. i don't think Tr2 were the underdog by a long way...I know them and how annoyingly good their robot can be. They do well on the live circuit and are probably more experienced than me in the last few years. Joe public wouldn't know that tho.

Well that's what I'm saying. TR2 aren't literally the underdog, but to someone who only watches Robot Wars, they see a robot driven by one of the youngest roboteers which has never been on the show before, vs what is basically a Robot Wars All-Star machine. I hear you though. I'll remember that if I ever enter.

Register To Comment