Register To Comment

Thread: The 'Robots' Section

I always wondered, why does the 'Robots' tab only cater to heavyweights? I know heavyweights are usually a bigger deal, but I for one know I'd love to get some extra info on featherweight competitors. I feel like a Beetle and Antweight section would be nice too. Anyone else agree?

The other weight classes generally have such a high turnover of robots that it's just not feasible to upkeep a database. Especially antweights where robots may only exist for a single event!

That's fair enough. But to be fair the current system isn't an entirely complete list of all UK heavyweights, and I do see at least a lot of the same featherweights from year to year. Maybe if it was the owners' responsibility to submit entries for review? I don't know, just an idea.
    Last edited by R9000; 2nd August 2016 at 10:41.

Would anyone be interested in submitting information about their or others' UK featherweights if I made a wiki for them? Just think it might be a useful resource for people who are looking into building their own, or just want to learn more about the common competitors or events. You don't have to submit a full comprehensive run-down of everything on your bot, even just a page with a picture and links to your site or YouTube channel would be great, so that everything's in the same place. So, anyone interested?

I'd be well into that, I've been searching the forums lately for more info on featherweight axes like little hitter and basher and couldnt really find a whole lot..

Any more interest? If you don't actually want to submit info, I can make a page for your robot, but I'd at least want to know people were ok with/interested in something like this.

I'd be perfectly fine with it, and happy to contribute info on my bots if it's wanted. I'm sure most people would be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
    I'd be perfectly fine with it, and happy to contribute info on my bots if it's wanted. I'm sure most people would be too.
    Thanks Ellis! I think I'll set something up and see what happens. I'll post it here when I've made a start.

I'd be happy to put some info forward for Hatchet(s), someone might be interested i guess

Register To Comment