Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lego Robot Wars - fully RC plastic mayhem!

Hello all,

I've been saving my very first post just for this!
    I have basically created a Robot Wars tournament, fully RC, out of Lego. The following video is Heat A of Series 4.

... 7&index=18

Why the plug?

Firstly, it's Robot Wars related.

Secondly, my fanbase (which I think is growing quite quickly!) is mainly young adults and children - the latter of whom often ask me how much it costs, what parts I use and then thanks for inspiring them to do the same.

It is great! I have been a fan since the very first episode of Robot Wars (and surfed this forum frequently) but have never built a robot as I really cannot build anything to save my life - except for Lego, of course
    Using the power function parts (the motors, receivers, etc from Lego) is not only cheaper than building a robot but easier and a lot can be learnt from it.

Thirdly, you might notice I have over sixteens competitors driven by only two people. The whole thing was meant to inspire others to build ( but it has esculated somewhat :twisted: ) so that I could host a live event whereby people would bring along their own creations.

Fourthly, the more subscribers and views I get perhaps Lego, or somebody else, will sponsor my series and I can continue to make it bigger and better!

Anyway, blah blah blah. Whatever you do, please enjoy the video and check out Heat B to see what a spinner can do... All comments and feedback are much appreciated. I am also happy to answer any questions and have a website with a lot more information including a basic price guide:

http://www.legorobotwars.weebly.com

Thank you and play well,

Stephen

I guess some of us just can't!

I remember looking forward to DT lessons in secondary school, wanting to learn how to build a robot, etc but when it came to it I found I couldn't even glue two bits of wood together

I have to build and maintain these ones myself, but it's a far cry from what you metal-crunching (as opposed to plastic-melting) roboteers have to contend with.

Thanks for the welcome, Rob!

Hi Stephen, just been looking at your u tube battles and they look quite cool,
    no welding and i could fight them while having dinner on the table at home !
    we have a massive box of lego from when i was little, so if my son sees the videos
    i know what he will want lol.

I've just been introduced to your videos and I think they're awesome. I build with K'nex rather than Lego but your bots are really good

I've seen two or three, to be honest I wasn't expecting the premise to be much good but I really am impressed with the quality of the robots and the battles, wish I still had enough working Lego electrical things so I could give it a go

Terry - I'd love to know what your son makes of it!

Mark - you're too kind! What I do now is re-shoot fights that aren't very exciting or are over in a matter of seconds. Unfortunatly I hadn't considered that in Series 1, and I'm not sure how much difference it would have made.

I was suprised at how much of a fan favourite Bladerunner became. I'm considering rebuilding it for Series 5 as... well, you'll see in Heat D what happens to upgrade :shock:

I've watched Series 4 A through D now, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the quality. Are all the parts used on the robots pure from Lego or are there some custom parts involved?

Register To Comment