Register To Comment
Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

So I just finished talking to my Stepdad, and thankfully he is a very understanding guy and isn't angry about drill as he know I use it correctly and it was just a case of it braking while in use. Hopefully I use the money I earn from helping my dad to invest in a proper piller drill.

So I took the only bit of Wolf-E I didn't mess up, the motor mounts. The Idea is to see if the ESCs would be able to fit behind the motors and looks promising. Yes I realised I plugged the motor into the ESC's power cables when I took the picture

I also took a second go at the threaded bar, this time with better results, the holes might be a bit wonky but at least I didn't break anything this time.

So I've fitted the ESCs to their intended locations and looks like I have some space in the back which is good, just need to get the frame built.

So I have had to make a dramatic change to Wolf-E. The design I started back in June 2016 has been scrapped as it was proving too much of a pain and reflecting on other wedge bots, there was the possibility the robot wouldn't have been effective.

So here is a early look at the new design of Wolf-E.

This version gives me more working room with the internals and the side panels are not going to be a pain in the butt to attach.

I want to build a front-hinged flipper (firestorm) for my lad, but fitting all the internals and mechanisms is a head scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsowry View Post
    I want to build a front-hinged flipper (firestorm) for my lad, but fitting all the internals and mechanisms is a head scratcher.
    I can only imagine.

More CAD fun with Wolf-E including some stuff that could be made through 3d printing. The 'finished' plates have been laid out ready to be exported for cutting though I still need to double check the cutting tolerance of K-cut before finalising.

Did a fancy render of the Wolf-E CAD/ concept.

Looks great! I especially like those vents.

Quote Originally Posted by R9000 View Post
    Looks great! I especially like those vents.
    Well when trying to cut down weight best to make them look cool.

Register To Comment