Register To Comment
Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

K-cut source their own hardox for water cutting

Team Kaizen

Ah right, so you can specify a CAD design with a specification of what sort of material and thickness you are after and they water cut it? Fair enough, worth bearing in mind.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Yeah just send them a dxf or dwg drawing and they can cut it in pretty much anything. They have a lot of material on stock so best to ask them what thicknesses they have before designing something. For hardox I think it's 4,6,8,10,35,40mm

And now for something completely different.

Spent the past day and today working on one pair of motor mounts made out of HPDE scrapes. Hoping to get the other side done tomorrow and monday so I can have a working test platform to fully test the drive of Wolf-E.

Motors are now mounted and the wiring connected. Hopefully will get a test drive tomorrow.

So I went to do the test run and... the receiver is busted. I had to check both motors, both ESCs until I found the fault that was stopping both motors from running at the same time. It appears one of the channels used for drive on the receiver is not working. At least it's a cheap part to replace.

Pondering on drive configuration. Wither to go with gearboxes directly running the middle wheel and connect the front and rear wheels through pulleys.

Or run the brushless motors to the rear wheels with another pulley and then run pulleys to the middle and front wheels.

Personally I'd go with the first one, because a) it's harder to get high reduction out of pulleys (the gearbox will likely be much higher and won't slip) and b) I like Sewer Snake, and that's how they do it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by R9000 View Post
    Personally I'd go with the first one, because a) it's harder to get high reduction out of pulleys (the gearbox will likely be much higher and won't slip) and b) I like Sewer Snake, and that's how they do it. :P
    I had figured that would be a factor but I'll need to mod the gearboxes to have extended drive shafts to support the whole wheel and pulleys.

You can get extra long shafts for the Banebots P60 gearbox; making your own shafts is a precision job that needs both a lathe and a mill.

Register To Comment