Register To Comment
Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

Either side will do - I think its just a psychological thing to put the link on the positive side

Quote Originally Posted by Maxamuslead View Post
    bit off topic but does the removable link have to on the positive side as it doesn't state in the build rules one way or the other in the build rules unless I missed a bit or is it simply preferred to be on that side.
    Its common place to place it (or any switches) in the positive side otherwise your circuitry could be positively powered and a misplaced spanner or broken chasis connecting some electronics/frame to 0v on the battery could still mean the circuit is live.

Quote Originally Posted by Roboteernat View Post
    Its common place to place it (or any switches) in the positive side otherwise your circuitry could be positively powered and a misplaced spanner or broken chasis connecting some electronics/frame to 0v on the battery could still mean the circuit is live.
    couldn't completing the circuit happen on either positive or negative ?

Quote Originally Posted by overkill View Post
    Either side will do - I think its just a psychological thing to put the link on the positive side
    Strange, i have always be taught to connect a the negative last on stuff e.g. jump leads

Yes, disconect negative side last allows to 'discharge'?!
    but yes could happen either positive or neg but your more likely going to have a connection made after your electronics than before, meaning you could blow us stuff unintentionally.

(your electronics are still live sided with the removable link on the negative side)

Quote Originally Posted by Roboteernat View Post
    Yes, disconect negative side last allows to 'discharge'?!
    but yes could happen either positive or neg but your more likely going to have a connection made after your electronics than before, meaning you could blow us stuff unintentionally.

(your electronics are still live sided with the removable link on the negative side)
    great thanks, this will also make it easier wire up my system =D

Did some rewiring, managed to use the housing for the fuse holder to make changing fuse easier.

I also made a second removable link with a shorter wire to neaten it and stop it sticking out so far from its insert slot.

Power light fitted and works (might change the colour), Wolf-E now complies fully with FRA regulations. Baring any faults Wolf-E is finished electronic wise. Did a full arming test, removable link works, power works, motors work, ESCs work, receiver works.

looking good

thanks

Register To Comment