Register To Comment
Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

Quote Originally Posted by TechAUmNu View Post
    If you are a student you can download Inventor and use the design tools in there to generate pulleys, belts, gears, chains, etc with the correct center distance and then import them to fusion 360.

https://www.autodesk.com/education/f...r-professional
    oh ok, I'll give that look cheers

Ah pants its only on windows, I'm on mac.

thats a good idea, also you can import a model from McMaster Carr which does a limited number of types but is useful

Quote Originally Posted by Maxamuslead View Post
    thats a good idea, also you can import a model from McMaster Carr which does a limited number of types but is useful
    I'll have a look cheers

And here we go, I was able to make pulley models following the specs of pulleys online, using one of those McMaster Carr models to get the tooth profile. Now I need to look at wether to have the wheel and pulley as separate items or make them one solid object.

More CAD updates.

So I’ve started adding weight saving holes and added the threaded bars to hold the top and bottom panels on what those panels will be made of is still to be decided.

A top down view showing how tight it is inside for the internals. The internals in question are: 2x 775 brushed motors, 6s 3300mah 30c lipo, a Prodrive 5060 360 kv brushless motor, the ESCs are based on the botbitz 85a ESCs and the weapon ESC is based on the turnigy plush 100a.

As I said the top covers and base plate material haven’t been decided yet as I don’t know what light material to use.

I’ve added the link block to the CAD and slightly hard to see but I’ve added a m12 shoulder bolt as the shaft for the weapon as I’ve seen it being used by other VSs and cause I’m trying to save weight where I can.

And speaking of weight saving here is the rough weight calculations. So far the approximate weight is roughly 12.2kg.

Also while I remember what would be the recommended ground clearance for arenas like the RoboChallange arena at the moment it's got a 5mm ground clearance, will that be enough or should I am for about 7.5mm-10mm?

Team Kaizen

Think the ground clearance would be OK at RobotChallenge and Extreme Robots, 10mm is quite high.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Even more CAD updates. I Shortened the wedge saving weight, plus I redid my maths and realised that Data-Breach can actually use a 20mm titanium dead shaft for the weapon.

Now I should ask, how much bigger should I make holes in 6mm and 10mm hardox for watercutting? So to minimise having to drill out the undersized holes. I've already been told about 4mm hardox.

Ok need some advise on water cutting tolerances. Namely do I need to add x amount of mm to the outside of the part's outline to compensate for the width/ keft of the watercutter?

Fancy render with the logo in view.

So I’ve had a go with adding tolerances to the parts adding 0.5mm round the outside edges for water cutting. Could do with advice from people who’ve done slot and tab panels to check if my tolerances are fine.

Register To Comment