Register To Comment
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

More of a experiment update, I wanted to see if I added two components that rotated depending on which way up it is.

The idea is that it stop robots flying over the robot like a ramp.

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 06.36.15.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-22 at 06.36.34.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-22 at 06.36.41.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-22 at 06.37.07.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-22 at 06.37.13.png

The way it makes the 'wedge blocks' as I like to call them rotate is through the front being down on the ground.

might use it, might not, depending how practical it is

Maya has changed a lot since the last time I used it. But then it was still wavefront that made it, not Autodesk.

Quote Originally Posted by leorcc View Post
    Maya has changed a lot since the last time I used it. But then it was still wavefront that made it, not Autodesk.
    Oh didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    It has changed even more recently. 2016 version has a completely different looking UI :P Damn you forever changing software!
    Ah yes, we had that at university, even my animation lecturer hated the new interface.

Remembering that I'm a animator I did a animation of the rotation of my 'Wedge blocks' (grey parts) to show that they'll counter rotate as the robot rests on it's wedge.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    What is the purpose of the rotating blocks?
    Well the idea is that they stop other robots fly over the top of the robot, like Panic Attack did in series 2 of robot wars.

As I said in a older post this is more of a idea I was experimenting with, wether it gets used or not is uncertain.

Oh yeah I see what you mean, they wasn't meant to be hooks, but I'm going to change the shape, mostly cause the blocks might get caught on the edge of the pit and the robot would get stuck.

But I'll keep the front facing hooks in mind.

I had pondered about using a servo to move the blocks should they get caught on something.

Register To Comment