Register To Comment
Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

Quote Originally Posted by Coolspeedbot View Post
    More internal designing, featuring rough renditions of brushless motors with gearboxes and trying out a mechanism based on what I have seen being used in another featherweight front hinged flipper called Amnesia.
    Looks very nice mate, its a bit like a Tormenta 3/Amnesia lovechild. A bushing went missing for the spur gear during my fight with Beauty and Conker so the gears weren't quite aligned anymore but, it managed to keep working without slipping up to the 3rd/4th playoff so it's a very reliable linkage if you use the right mod gears.
    Best of luck anyway and looking forward to seeing the finished machine 'do the thing!'
    Last edited by HereticBlue; 2nd October 2017 at 22:13.

Quote Originally Posted by HereticBlue View Post
    You called? Surprised to another person somewhat inspired by Amnesia's mech! Looks very nice, its a bit like a Tormenta 3/Amnesia lovechild. A bushing went missing for the spur gear during my fight with Beauty and Conker so the gears weren't quite aligned anymore but, it managed to keep working without slipping up to the 3rd/4th playoff so it's a very reliable linkage if you use the right mod gears.
    Best of luck anyway and looking forward to seeing the finished machine 'do the thing!'
    Thanks Adam, considering both Tormenta 3 and Amnesia are the main inspiration and frame of reference on what has be done before, it's fair to call CSB their lovechild.

Refined the design of the parts in 2D.

I think you should do this instead of Wolf-E. All you need is a beefy motor and gearbox with an accompanying ESC and you have yourself a, by the looks of it, much better looking machine. Or you could still do Wolf-E if you have reliability in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    I think you should do this instead of Wolf-E. All you need is a beefy motor and gearbox with an accompanying ESC and you have yourself a, by the looks of it, much better looking machine. Or you could still do Wolf-E if you have reliability in mind.
    Well I am considering it but if I choose to work on CSB instead of Wolf-E I'll end up wasting the Drill motors and brushed ESCs as CSB is designed to be brushless. Plus I could do with getting some experience with the weight class first and Wolf-E is a basic machine to get my head round things.

Been working on the wedge of CSB's design and reached a head-scratcher. What material should I use on for the wedge so that it can be countersunk so the bolts are flush?

And what would be the best way to achieve the 45 degree angled sides to the wedge? I don't know if it can be done by bending a single part or simply have it in 3 parts and welded them together.

Oh and almost forgot this little render I did for a laugh

Team Kaizen

And what would be the best way to achieve the 45 degree angled sides to the wedge? I don't know if it can be done by bending a single part or simply have it in 3 parts and welded them together.
    I would have thought it would be stronger as a single piece formed into the three angles rather than a three piece wedge.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    I would have thought it would be stronger as a single piece formed into the three angles rather than a three piece wedge.
    Well I'm unsure whats the max angle the wedge could be bent before the material (like 4mm hardox) breaks.

It can be bend 180°, but with the right radius. Hardox will break if bend too sharp.

You can find the working instructions here.

https://www.ssab.com/download-center...ormi&dcSearch=

Quote Originally Posted by maddox10 View Post
    It can be bend 180°, but with the right radius. Hardox will break if bend too sharp.

You can find the working instructions here.

https://www.ssab.com/download-center...ormi&dcSearch=
    I see, I've had a look but I'm not sure I fully understand how to implement it into the design.

Register To Comment