Register To Comment
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

Still Working on Wolf-E's design, now there is another reason I will need to use a Hardox chassis as the old HPDE design forgot about the space taken up by wires.

Although I need to wait till I get a response about a key component of the chassis being back in stock.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Why does everything I try to do keep on messing up I tried to make a threaded bar but I ended up braking my stepdad's drill, drill bits and one of my taps for the tread. Whats the point in carrying on now? I should just sell my electronics to someone who isn't a complete moron.

Come on man, pick yourself up. I've burnt through plenty of drillbits and taps already, and wasted plenty of material. Don't give up, you'll get the hang of it.

inq125
    come on dude you got this, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again. sleeping on something and trying again the next day helps.

Is there anything in particular your struggling to grasp as regards to die and tapping?

i feel for your buddy, keep trying, you'll get there

Learn what exactly? that the tools I use are a load of crap, that I Keep wasting matreal I can't afford to keep wasting, that I can't even build the most simple of designs without everything going wrong.

I can't try again tomorrow, the only drill in the house is now broken, the bloody tap snapped in the bar so it can be removed, the drill stand doesn't drill straight. the only help I can get is on here none of my close friends and family want to help or be part of this project.

inq125
    your more than welcome to use my workshop if you can get to me, cv92nq, i have a pillar drill, i have taps and dies, its hard when no one wants to help, but thats doesnt mean you give up, unfortunately you'd be crafting on your own between the hours of 8am--6pm as i have a big week ahead, but its 1000sqft of everything youll need. The offer always there

Thanks for the offer but it's a bit of a drive to get to sadly.

inq125
    i did figure as much, well if your ever stuck and want to make a weekend of it, as a recent returner to the hobby ill always be up for learning with you! for as long as you dont mind a 4 year old running around

Register To Comment