Register To Comment
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

You're not the only one

Started using the second HPDE sheet (Hopefully not waste all of it this time)
    I have taken a new approach to making the side sections of the frame, with hole placement and shape. Using some spare polycarb to make the template.

On another note I got two Botbits 85A V2 from Ranglebox the other week, couple of 50A maxi blade fuses, all I need is the battery, I am looking at a 4s lipo like this: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...lipo-pack.html. But is it overkill for 12volt motors? I know that, a cost of a shorter life, motors can be over volted by a small amount.

Weapons:

Now there was a comment about Wolf-E getting a later upgrade, a weapon, err... might need a whole redesign just to fit one (which I'm working on) question is... spinner, lifter or axe? I will say my weapon of choice was not included (pneumatic flipper). So basically I'm left with weapons that are run by motors. But thats a future problem.

To be honest, I highly doubt the extra 2.8v will make a huge difference to your motor life. I run a 5s 60C lipo with about twice the mAh, with four 18v motors and a brushless for the lifter. Since you're only running two motors and no weapon, I think that battery should be fine.

You say you're using polycarb for a template, but why not just print or draw it onto a piece of paper and (temporarily) glue it onto the HDPE? I'd think it'd be cheaper and easier to cut through. I know you're not cutting the poly itself, but I expect you'll rough the edges up if you're cutting along them.

Quote Originally Posted by R9000 View Post
    To be honest, I highly doubt the extra 2.8v will make a huge difference to your motor life. I run a 5s 60C lipo with about twice the mAh, with four 18v motors and a brushless for the lifter. Since you're only running two motors and no weapon, I think that battery should be fine.

You say you're using polycarb for a template, but why not just print or draw it onto a piece of paper and (temporarily) glue it onto the HDPE? I'd think it'd be cheaper and easier to cut through. I know you're not cutting the poly itself, but I expect you'll rough the edges up if you're cutting along them.
    I don't cut the HPDE with the polycarb on top I use it to draw out the shape and mark the holes for drilling, I then cut out the shape and drill the holes.

Ahh fair enough then.

Getting robot building withdrawal, haven't done any robot related activity since the 27th due to staying with my Boyfriend for a week.

But I can report that the side sections of Wolf-E's frame have been cut and drilled, just awaiting some smoothing and sanding to neaten the cuts.

Back from my break and nearly finished Wolf-E's main frame.

starting to take shape now.

Well things could have gone better, I used up most of the second sheet of HPDE and still no nearer to a finished robot.

might have to rethink this.

What went wrong?

Register To Comment