Register To Comment

Thread: SimonK reversing firmware

The SimonK code for the TZ-85s is available here: https://github.com/c---/simonk_tgy3d...2949bef47ad001

But I don't know if that's suitable for Afro 30s, I just got the link from Rory R9000's build thread. The bs.hex file was the one he used but there are afro.hex files on there, no idea if they're what you need :P

Here is the readme for all the files on that github. It doesn't give any info about Afro30As specifically, but I'd put good money on just trying afro.hex. I'm guessing a 30A ESC won't be classed as high-voltage, so give that one a try. I bet they all use the same chipset anyway. If all else fails, you should be able to find the original firmware and re-flash it right? I'd say try it.

If I knew how, I'd be happy to xD

Here's the link to the 'afro_nfet.hex' file I've been using for my Afro 12As, should also work for Afro 20As and Afro 30As.

Link

I found it was a bugger to re-flash them via the single wire link as the stock firmware had the silicon chip ID set to an ATMega328 instead of an ATMega8 which is what they actually are. I eventually used the force option on AVRDUDE to just jam the firmware in there with no concerns to warnings. I wouldn't recommend this route, but it did work *shrug*.

#edit# I generated these files using the RapidFlash Google Chrome App.

Register To Comment