Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Andy : mooch

Looking forward to seeing your creation.

For future reference, Hobbyking's UK warehouse is in Ipswich. Rarely do they not have the stuff we need for robots in their (smaller, but reasonably well stocked) UK base. Their international one is based in HK. You could most likely pick up straight from their door, a dream for most of us!

The HK warehouse is in Elmsett Andy. You can choose collection when you finish your purchase if you wanna go pick up. Otherwise £4 delivery (and normally comes next day).

The UK warehouse however, does still operate in USD when you checkout, so you get stung for an international transaction fee by your bank.

Funny thing is, you are getting screwed over by customs / the government with every purchase you make. It's just that when you see it in front of you as an additional charge, it hurts more.

That's very strange. I ordered from the international warehouse and didn't see any customs charge. Maybe it was because my box of parts wasn't as heavy, but I've gotten customs on a CD before. So that makes little sense.

Register To Comment