Series 7 of robot wars
Our Robot- Metalis was ready, teething problems regarding the traction were sorted,we were advised
at the auditions that shortening the pipe in the Co2 tank would prevent any freeze problems
but I decided it was probably a one off fault and shoulden't happen again.
This new venue at nottingham didn't seem to have the atmosphere previous venues had
it was gloomy in fact, channel 5 were to screen series 7 and we got the feeling or
was it the correspondents with mentorn that hinted at this been the end of the road
for Robot Wars.
Our first round group included scrapasaur and ceros and by pure chance ming dienasty.
We were placed in the same control booth as ming d and decided to work together initially
as we thought the other teams would do the same.
All the robots drove out perfectly and things were looking good, I won't describe the battle in detail
as you can see it in full on youtube, but the fact that we didn't shorten the Co2 pipe came
back to haunt us and froze again,leaving us with no claw function not flipper and no
srimech.
Now dosen't it just annoy you when johnathon pearce says they can't self right,when you know you
can if the blooming thing hadn't developed a fault.
Another interesting thing was after we were counted out and then righted by ceros I think-the organisers
didn't seem to want us to participate in the rest of the battle and tried there best to disable Metalis
including Growler ramming our robot into the arena sidewall at full pelt-I felt sure he would go through the polycarb.
Thankyou to Mario for saying "you built a very strong robot" at the end of the battle,just as the dump valve
on Metalis released a full tank of the frozen Co2.