Register To Comment

Thread: Roboteering the WRONG way

That's a pretty old clip, but still an eye-opener. I have seen photos of Indian competitions where they had NO arena and just stood on blocks to get their feet above the level of the bots. These bots were running off mains power via umbilical cords, so it was entirely possible to be electrocuted rather than bleeding to death!

At least they tried with that, even if it was totally wrong - here is something more recent and even more stupid :-p

I'm guessing that personal liability court cases have not caught on in India

What are these, bootleg 'bots? I thought as a university, they'd at least have some sense. Also, that Autobot and Decepticon 'arena' floor. Wow.

Well one robot did transform. From 4 wheel robot to 3 wheel robot, and the scoop changed shape as well.

Oh yeah! I bet the roboteers themselves transform too! From a 10 fingered human to a 9 fingered human.

It was always going to be a matter of time before something like that happened over there. Thankfully it wasn't a fatal accident but still very serious. Since then, there are several members of the Indian combat community who have adopted the correct attitudes for safely holding events and are trying to encourage their fellow countrymen to all follow suit, but unfortunately you still get events to this day like the Smack Botz one.

Register To Comment