Register To Comment
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: [FW] Tracked 4WD Lifter: Aegis

Mount a GoPro onto a fixing in the arena, that would save space. So were the steel floor sheets not meant to make such a noise? It was a bit of an eye-opener as to how loud they all were, but I just thought that was down to the TV shows editing in audience cheering.

Having seen Robot Wars being filmed live, it's quiet compared to how loud that arena was. I think normally most arenas tend to have something underneath the panels to dampen the sound, so that all the floor doesn't vibrate in harmony when one section gets hit.

The Robot Wars arena has a layer of wood underneath the steel to muffle and support it. Also it's got the double layer poly which again reduces the sound. Once the roof is on the Extreme Robots arena, that'll help contain the noise a bit, and I believe Jonno is planning on adding a wooden underlayer at some point too.

Will you be off to Gloucester?

'Fraid not. It's another one that's way too far down south for me, at least until I have a car. Money's a bit of an issue at the moment too, focusing on getting a job, then I'll be able to get to more events.

Shame, I would have loved to losing to Aegis

Hah! You know the goal is to win right? Have some confidence in your machine and yourself!

Hey man, bit of an old thread to dig up, but I wanted to ask how did you get such a nice finish with the paint on Aegis?

Hahaha, cheers but it isn't that great. All I did was take some fine Aluminum Oxide sandpaper and roughed-up the surfaces I was going to spray, then used some Wilkinson's multipurpose Gloss paint. I think I gave it two coats in the end. It looks ok, but it does come off fairly easily. I think most of it is still on there though. :P

Register To Comment