Register To Comment
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [FW] Tracked 4WD Lifter: Aegis

I did have spinners in mind when building. 4mm Hardox at a 45degree angle. Hoping that's enough. If I get bashed anywhere else it might be lights out. I've got padding around the battery and esc's. Guess we will all find out in a few days!! Anybody had the info email regarding times etc.?

Nothing yet. If there's nothing by midweek, I'll shoot John a message on Facebook, since I kinda need to know exactly when and where to turn up.

just checked my email, wife's been nagging me about it. John replied the info email will be with us very soon!! No later than 1045am turning up either day!!

If all else fails it'll be a good lesson. Seeing what each other has done, seeing what works and what doesn't, i'm already drawing up plans for a mkII.......
    Bot looks fab, like the speed of the lifter especially. Just hope the armour plate holds and it goes home in as few pieces as possible!!

Are those washers around the bolts with your scoop??

Yes, those washers are to allow me to tighten the bolts without twisting the rubber up. Cheers for the compliments I can actually turn the lifter speed up, but I don't want to damage it. I might try it if it's lacking in power. Your machine is really cool too - I hope it helps with it being invertible. Can't wait to see everyone's machines up close. It's really hard to see details on the YouTube videos like the robochallenge fights.

Might see if I can find some washers, rather have too much protection than not enough. Despite only being 5days away now, there's still last minute tinkering and modifications needed. Are these robots ever truly finished??
    Lifter speed is good, also remember you wront be lifting the full weight if the opposition, so as long as you can comfortably lift about 10kg. Should be okay.
    I've also instructed my kids to take lots and lots of pictures and videos!! So there'll be no lack of media coverage!!

My new feather for manchester is still in bits so I wouldn't say you're too last minute!

ATTENTION guys headed to Manchester this weekend for Extreme Robots: I just checked my spam folder today, and found two emails from John (john@roamingrobots.co.uk) about the event in there. So check your spam/junk folders if you haven't had anything yet, especially if you're on Outlook.com/hotmail.

Register To Comment