Register To Comment
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [FW] Tracked 4WD Lifter: Aegis

Ah, Those crazy Aussies and their spinners! You are safe from Decimator this year but it will be back with a much larger weapon motor next year.

Have you looked at the Banebots P80 or BB220 gearboxes? I did a CAD design with an NTM 5060-380 brushless motor, a P80 64:1 gearbox and a 2:1 final chain drive, which takes much of the strain off the GB. It had a no-load speed of 65 RPM but I don't know how much torque it would generate.

Those gearboxes look fantastic, although expensive, and I'd rather not import if I can avoid it. Excellent suggestion though, and one I might look into in future. However at the moment I think I'm looking at just redesigning the weapon completely - I just bought a pneumatic cylinder from Danny B with the idea of using it later - maybe I'll use it here? Idk. It's probably gonna be a chassis redesign whatever happens, unless I just make it a pusher. Ive got some thinking to do, I guess. Problem is, the majority of top-mounted weapons defeat the purpose of it being invertible.

You do see the odd banebot gearbox on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by harry hills View Post
    Dewalt or similar beefy drill in low gear add another stage on. Its what most other people with gearmotor powered lifters do. Hardox and careful design and execution will mean its survivable in full combat.
    Any examples of these kinds of bots? I need an idea of what kind of protection it'd need.

Quote Originally Posted by plargen View Post
    You do see the odd banebot gearbox on ebay
    Yeah I had a look, there's nothing I can really use right now. I'll keep an eye out, though.

Hmm, ok. Well I'd probably go for the second option, but that sounds crazy heavy. Even more torque needed to lift. But I see what Tormenta's like. Kinda a Sewer Snake-ish design. Hmm.

Ok, so I'm thinking, how about ditching the 'orbital' shovel design in favour of a linear actuator lifter, one that just runs through the middle of the robot. Pretty much the same design, but the arms won't be on the outside, so won't be easy to tear off, and I should have plenty of power in a linac. Any thoughts? Too slow? I guess it'd kinda be like Ricky's lifter, hinged somewhere near the back, but the linac would be attached at the middle, I guess.

Sorry if I'm annoying anyone, it's just I could really use some advice here. Can anyone help with the question above?

Register To Comment