Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Botbitz – 10a Brushed ESC

Quote Originally Posted by MrkLeigh View Post
    Hi all

Looking for some info and guidance on these ESC's am I right in thinking the the red and yellow wires which get attached to the motor, it's the red wire that is the positive?
    Hi Mark

On the 10A botbitz ESCs, yes the red and black wires on the same side as the receiver plug go to the battery, the red and yellow go to the motors. Red is positive.

Don't forget that I believe you will need to unhook the BEC from one of them (the red wire on the receiver plug), as the receiver will not like 2 power sources (perhaps someone could chime in if I'm talking rubbish here, I actually have both of mine disconnected, and a separate BEC to power the receiver)

Actually, reading the question again, I think I misunderstood. The way the wires for the motors are connected up only determines which direction the motor goes, so in fact either wire can be positive depending on what the controls are telling the ESC to do.

If you connect them up and the motor goes backwards instead of forwards, just swap the wires over (or flip the reverse switch on the transmitter)

I had to redrill eight 13mm holes today because they didn't line up properly, and I've been doing this for 12 years

Register To Comment