Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experience with "The Robot Market Place" ?

As the title really,

Has anyone had any experience with "The Robot Market Place"

Ive ordered a RoboteQ speed controller, received a conformation code, when i check the code its saying the order has been dealt with but they are waiting for parts?

Ive sent several emails, one was to cancel the order completely as ill just order it from RoboteQ themselves.. But ive not heard from them.. The order was placed on Sunday.

I cant make out if they have taken money from my account yet..

I had great experiences with them. Some larger parts they do order in from external sources (such as the HPC motor series) before shipping out to you.

You do have to keep in mind the time difference between here and the US which can make communication a bit difficult at times.

I would expect you will hear from them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver View Post
    I had great experiences with them. Some larger parts they do order in from external sources (such as the HPC motor series) before shipping out to you.

You do have to keep in mind the time difference between here and the US which can make communication a bit difficult at times.

I would expect you will hear from them soon.
    Yea the time differences are a bit of a pain, but i would have thought they would have at least acknowledge the emails i have sent?

I'll give it another day see what happens, i dont wanna be waiting weeks before they dispatch it, as delivery will take long enough as it is lol

Quote Originally Posted by harry hills View Post
    I've had good service from RMP. I'd give them another poke via email or maybe through a facebook page or somewhere public. Only advice I can give is for you other than that is to buy some lube. It makes things easier when customs have their way with you then.
    Ive heard import will rape me :')

I have been ordering from RMP for years with good customer service. They tend to order in the more expensive, slow moving items (which probably includes Roboteq controllers). The trick is to look at the stock status, which is just below the price; if it is 'Available' the item is NOT in stock and will be ordered in. That could mean significant delays if the manufacturer is also out of stock.

The other thing to know about the RMP is their very expensive international postage. To get stuff to Australia cheaply, I get the RMP to send the goods to a trans-shipping company in the US using cheap local ground shipping. The trans-shipping company then sends it internationally for about half what the RMP charges.

Its very likely you can do the same in the UK; googling 'US UK shipping' gets heaps of results.

Robot Market Place is great but we have found by the time you have had postage, import and channelling you may as well just swap the $ for a £ and thats going to be your price :-P

Take the price of the product + ~$40-60 for postage, then multiply the whole thing by 1.2 to add on your import then convert taht figure from USD to GBP.

So if you took the RoboteQ MDC2460 at $395 USD... thats 395+55 = $450 *1.2 = $540 * 0.68 for the exchange rate and you end up with £367.2. Chances are that the courier will slap on a handling fee of around £20 on top of that, but that varies depending on the item and type of transport.

So by the time you are done its like £387, not far off the $395 we had earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Which model did you go for, and why roboteq?
    I chose the xdc2460 out of recommendation from someone

If Alex's theory of your end price being essentially the USD price in GBP, then you may do better to just order this: http://www.active-robots.com/roboteq...ontroller-6395

I'm not 100% sure that this is stock held in the UK (be worth a call to check), but if it is it'd probably be faster and more straightforward than going through RMP.

Register To Comment