Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transmitters and recivers!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi all! Im shopping to get a reciver/transmitter and was wondering what you guys think are the best option! Looking to spend under £100.
    http://www.robotshop.com/uk/optic-5-...ol-system.html <--- this was the one i was thinking about getting, as it gives me control of 2 motors and another channel for a weapon if and when i want one (i think thats how it works haha) and its a good price. The other one i like is the dx6i series but there a tad more expensive, There are plenty of cheap and chearful but im reluctand to buy something that may turn out to be junk and would rather spend a couple of extra quid on something sturdy and reliable! Thoughts and suggestions please!

Cheers

Just FYI, this is not mandatory. Any transmitter/receiver combination that stops a robot with signal loss is fine.

You don't need a particular brand or model of transmitter. However regardless of what model you go with it MUST be able to failsafe on all channels.

I use an old 40 meg futaba set that I fitted a 2.4ghz conversion kit to.

Other setups will work, but the DX6i is the go to standard TX. It has on board mixing and model menus and various other useful features. You can usually pick them up from Ebay for around £60-£70.

Lemon RXs are great. A lot of people are put off because they are so cheap (~£4 as opposed to ~£20 for a proper Spektrum RX), but I've found them to be much more reliable than Orange RX (another common choice) and have used them without issues in all my robots. The Lemon failsafes by taking the throttle to the position it was first bound in, and switching off all other channels. This is the same way most RX failsafe.
    Last edited by Rapidrory; 25th January 2016 at 12:33.

With a bot on it's cradle, you usually just push the stick forward until the wheels are moving, then switch off the TX. If the wheels stop turning (in a reasonable time), then you're all good. I should imagine spinners and the like would be checked in the arena.

Thank you Rory, youve been a great help! If you dont mind me asking, what model of lemon do you use and where do you usually get them from? Cheers!
    Last edited by Albear; 25th January 2016 at 14:25.

You'll probably want this type: http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=92
    It takes about 2 weeks to arrive from china.

You'll likely want to wrap it in some insulating tape to keep it safe.

Register To Comment