Register To Comment
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Building "Hard-Ox" the HW Robot.

Quote Originally Posted by blazerbotics View Post
    Depending on your budget, go for either a Wotty 360 or a Roboteq, these will cost you £400-£500 but you only need one for your drive. 4QDs are OK but don't have the best control, the 300's are a bit over spec'd and are phsically very big and heavy. You're probably best just using a contactor/relay for the weapon motor.
    Cheers,
    checked it out but im unable to find info on the wotty 360, do you / does anyone have a link to it?

The Vyper is a single channel esc. Meaning, 1 input channel, 1 voltage regulated channel out.

The older and no longer sold Sidewinder is 2+1 input channels, 2 voltage regulated channels out.

In short. 1 Vyper does 1 motor or side of your machine.
    (if you want to build a heavyweight machine with 4 Robot Power Magnum drives each side, 1 Vyper can control the 4 Magnums with a reasonable rate of succes.)

Two Vypers are smaller, lighter and cheaper than an equivalent Roboteq; the Vyper supplies 120A continuous, while the Roboteq range quotes the maximum power with the continuous rating much lower. The closest Roboteq equivalent to two Vypers is probably the HDC2472S (based on current handling) and is $795USD on the Robot marketplace VS $400USD for a pair of Vypers. The Roboteq has some extra features but they probably don't matter for your design.

Both companies build top quality products but I trust the support from Robotpower more.

How will you selfright? It looks great!
    Last edited by leorcc; 22nd January 2016 at 10:57. Reason: addition

mickburkesnr
    Quote Originally Posted by leorcc View Post
    How will you selfright?
    Would it be classed as cow tipping if he couldn't self right? :P

Love the design though!

As others have said, I love where this is going. Great concept and nice fabrication skills! Will be watching closely.

Love it! Looks brilliant, Shrimech!!!!??? Is a must! Do not build any further with out one ☺️

It's great to see a heavy build with personality instead of 'another proven design flipper that just differs in colour'
    I'm sure that if you ask, when you are selected, that those who weren't are more than willing to fill up your team and transplant some of their parts into this (if need be). It's awesome looking so far.

I really do appreciate the feedback!

The picture above is just the top half of the head so far! With much more chassis work to come! (probably tomorrow).

As for a self right system im not going to be having one..
    Instead, i was thinking along the lines one it being inverted by design.. Basically having main wheels at the back with a gear cog linkage to a set of top wheels. the two sets of two casters at the front.

Heres the sketch ive been working off :')

Attached Images Attached Images

Register To Comment