Register To Comment
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Building "Hard-Ox" the HW Robot.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I got mine today too. The motor cables are there already, you need the cable to connect the controller to the RC. You need to buy that separately from active robots.
    Ah man, for that price you'd have thought they would have included that -_-

Depending upon the model you will have 8 large cables in sets 4, one positive one negative one motor feed out one motor feed return per side
    Rc input cable is available separate or you can make one manual shows which pins you need to use

My advice by plenty of 50amp Anderson connectors and a few 175

Will make removing and testing much easier if you use quick release connectors
    Always mount on vibration mounts if possible. Heavy shocking kills escs quickly

EC5/XT90 or even EC3/XT60 to connect the ESC to the motors.
    After all, the peak loads are nothing more than that, peak loads. Of course, that is for the low end motors.
    For stronger motors, doubling up is a suitable plan. After all, 1 Anderson is more expensive, larger, heavier and a lot more vurnable to self removing than 2 of the other mentioned connectors.

I don't see why not?

One step forward.. Three steps back... Lol
    Decided it'd be easier and quicker to chop it's head off, run a slitter through its belly, spread it, then re plate and weld..
    saves making a new drive set-up!

image.jpg

Hey peeps,
    Sorry the thread has gone a little quiet.
    We've had a very upsetting and emotional week at work, a fellow work colleague fell from an overhead crane and sadly passed away on site.
    The build has naturally taken a back seat for the time being, as there has been absolutely no access to the area.

Hey peeps,

Good news... Work has continued on "The Un-Named Robot" <lol..

So.... The plan is to mount the drive to a sheet of Hardox, then have it removable with 8 high grade bolts.

IMG_4808.jpg

The drive system mounted to the removable plate,
    Next step is to mark out where is gonna sit, remove the two side plates, then weld them into the robot shell

IMG_4809.jpg

Register To Comment